Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A little hybrid goodie

I've been wanting to try some more hybrid stuff so here's a little composition notebook I made with stuff by Britt's {Leave the World Behind} kit available here. I also used Dirty Feet Designs {Wrinkled Black Alpha} available here and the kraft paper came from the {Grateful 4U} CT appreciation kit.

Here's the back:
This was so super EASY! I just printed out the covers onto satin photo paper right here at home. I made the templates slightly larger than the actual book so that in case my next notebook is different in size it would still fit, plus I wanted to be able to trim off the edges to get a nice clean finish. After letting the pages dry for a bit I ran them through my Xyron machine and stuck them onto my book. I trimmed off the edges and found some coordinating ribbon to attach to the spine and cover the inside edge. Eventually I will glue a piece of cardstock to the insides of the covers to hide all the printing there and cover the ends of the ribbons. Done!

And I made templates so that when I make another one, it'll go lickety split! Plus, I like to share so you can download the templates for both the templates here. Enjoy! Please share what you did with the template by posting a link in the comments here. I'd love to see it!!!

**FYI**
Since the templates are larger than the actual book make sure you leave about .25 inches all around for cut off. Don't put anything important there!!!

Link has expired.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Ooooh! Thanks Jeni! I totally want to make one of these and your template is going to make it sooo much easier!! xoxo MWAH!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Hey, I am clueless with the template thing. How does it work?
Amy