Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A little bit digi, a litttle bit paper

Here's my offering for cardswap this month. We're doing a recipe card exchange of main dishes this time. Can't wait to see all the yummy recipes - not that I'll actually use them or anything! ;)


I really thought about doing it all digitally but I decided I'd better not. So I compromised. The index card looking piece is actually a digital element (February Idea Book by Gina Cabrera) that I resized and printed my recipe on. I just printed out a bunch of them (on regular white cardstock), crinkled it up to make it look even older and stuck it on! It saved me a lot of time finding paper that looked like an index card or using an actual index card and printing on it - not to mention trying to load a little index card into my new printer (that I still haven't quite figured out yet!) I also didn't have to distress it with ink or anything - it came that way! Yipee! I am so lovin' digital! It was fun to play with my paper and other tools though. I even whipped out my sad little sewing machine. I have GOT to get something else before I can start sewing my rag quilt. I don't want to ruin all my hard work with this crappy machine! Well, I'm off to soccer practice and then cardswap! Yea!

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Turned out so cute, as usual. You probably get tired of getting my sub-par products every month, but I LOVE getting yours!